I haven't updated here for awhile. I wish I could just say the holiday season approaching kept me busy, but that is not the reason. Since my last post several people close to me have suffered.
Four of my girlfriends suffered miscarriages in the same week.
One of my dearest and closest friend's son had to have emergency surgery that had a 60% mortality rate for a condition that never should have gone undiagnosed. (he did make it!)
My cousin's daughter is dealing with complications from Turner Syndrome and another currently undiagnosed health problem that has caused her to lose nearly half her weight.
2 friend's houses burned to the ground.
One of My Love's co-worker's 14 year old daughter was diagnosed with a football sized tumor growing through her liver,
A woman knocked on my door. She was hurt and running from her abusive husband. He had just thrown her down a flight of stairs. She sat on my couch and talked for hours. I finally called my mom, who is a councilor and could get me in contact with local shelters and programs. The woman kind of freaked out on us. She wanted to go back and get her stuff. I beg her not to go, but she grew angry and left. Two hours later she shows up back on my doorstep. He was there waiting for her and rather than face him she chose to overdose on several serious prescription medications. I drove her to the hospital and stayed until they were ready to move her to in-patient care. I have not heard from her again. I hope she is ok.
Lastly my friend's mother was killed when a FedEx truck ran a red light. Her story was touching. She was pronounced dead and was to be transported to another hospital for organ donation. The family went home to mourn. 3am they get a phone call from the hospital saying she is alive and going into immediate surgery to repair her brain. Her condition improved for 9 days. She moved, her eyes reacted to light, and she could breathe on her own for small lengths of time. Everyone prayed. Then she died, but she went on her own terms. The family doesn't have to live with the fact that they had to "pull the plug" and if it was the right choice.
So in the midst of all of this tragedy I have chosen not to blog. I did not want to force them to watch me revel in happiness while they were all in pain. Contrary to Bridezilla belief not everything in the world revolves around our wedding. I know none of them would have begrudged me a giddy blog or two, but this time I chose to be a bridesmaid instead of the bride.
No comments:
Post a Comment