Choosing colors was a little more difficult than I thought it would be. I spent a lot of time thinking about what sort of color scheme represented us as a couple. I wandered through our home looking at how we chose to decorate. I found lots of gun metal grey which made choosing our accent color simple., but what else? We have a red accent wall in the basement, so my original plan was to do a fiery fall wedding; Reds, oranges, and yellows. It sounded like a lovely idea until people brought up ideas to include piles of leaves, twigs, hay bales, mason jars, boots, and pumpkins. That is so not us in the least.
I ran screaming.
Next I hunted through our closest and pulled out our favorite clothes. My Love's closet contains, again, mostly gun metal grey shirts and a couple red ones. Go figure. My closet contained mostly black. I don't buy black on purpose it just seems to be the only color in my size. However, there was my most favorite shirt in the back of the closet. It's technically a dress, but I'm so long waisted it would be an incredibly inappropriate dress! It is the most beautiful and unusual shade of sangria. I adore this color, but I really wanted to avoid pinkish colors. My Love is a red head and let's face it, pink is a big no-no!
Then I found my wedding shoes which were an amazing shade of plum.
Everything seemed so simple after that. The wedding venue is a beautiful buttery yellow (my favorite color), we'd do grey for My Love, and plum for me.
There just seemed to be one hitch. The plum really washed out the yellow. Something wasn't jiving and then I came across this picture and all my problems were solved.
Peach.
Just a little touch of it here and there warms up the yellow and gives off a very fantastic fall feel.
Peach and Plum Gallery
| bridesmaids bouquet |
![]() |
| The cake is a little much, but it's a decent example! |
![]() |
| cute boutineer |
![]() |
| Plum Tulip Bouquet |
![]() |
| I'm not a fan of Gerber Daisies but these are pretty. |
![]() |
| The Savoy suit by Jean St. Yves. |








No comments:
Post a Comment